The International Bomber Command Centre is great for families, it is educational and fun, allowing both children and adults to learn through experiencing the exhibition galleries with their interactive displays and exhibits, the Peace Gardens and the Memorial.
There are family fun sheets, a dressing up-station, book stations and a year-long programme of free family events.
Entry to the IBCC Peace Gardens, Memorial Spire and Walls of Names is free and family tickets are available for the day or, for the same price, you can buy an annual pass giving unlimited access to the exhibitions for a year.
- Gallery Trails and Dressing-up opportunities
- Book stations with a range of read on-site books
- Free IBCC App with age-specific content allowing you to explore the stories of those who served.
- Family ticket offers including our Annual Pass
- Under 5’s go free
- Free Family Fun Days during school holidays and at our events
- A range of pocket money items available in the shop
- Ration Packs Lunches and Children’s Menu are available in The Hub Cafe
- High chairs available in the café
- Pre-bookable handling collection opportunities with original artefacts with our Learning Team
- Baby changing facilities
- Breastfeeding welcome
Great for families!
Superb Day of Children’s activities with IBCC staff and RAF STEM team – The whole visit was excellent including children’s craft activities(making and flying paper aircraft, kite making & flying, rocket making and launch), a quiz trail, The IBCC learning staff, supported by volunteers and the Royal Air Force STEM staff worked tirelessly to ensure the children of all ages enjoyed a great experience. The café was extremely busy all day but the staff were friendly and helpful and the food was delicious.
From a Family Activity visitor:
The children loved the badge making and thoroughly enjoyed their trail quiz. It was lovely sharing stories and experiences with the staff. A great resource to keep history relatable and relevant to children.
Please download any of our free activities below.