This IBCC provides pre-visit resources including risk assessment information, downloadable resources and information such as site maps as well as post-visit activities including copyright-free images, audio files etc. for use in the classroom. A series of work sheets following the core themes can also be downloaded.
Learning objectives for sessions and curriculum links, saving teachers’ time with demarcation between different Key Stage activities and resources.
1. Immersive activities that provide teachers and learners with experiences that cannot be delivered in the classroom
2. A range of digital and physical resources and activities that vary the pace and style of the learning experience
3. Strong human stories, from different points of view, that help young people to develop empathy with those who lived through these events and aid understanding of historical periods and events
4. Inclusive resources that reflect the diversity of those involved in events – local residents in ‘Bomber County’, ground crew, women volunteers, overseas airmen, children, victims of ‘area bombing’, intergenerational groups, relatives of those affected and cover the involvement of 60 nations in the fight for freedom
5. Focus on relevant Bomber Command themes for example: ‘sacrifice’. ‘duty’, ‘innocence’, ‘suffering’, ‘remembrance’, ‘family and friends’ and ‘courage’ all of which will help teachers and learners explore the events of 1939-45.
To find out more contact our Learning team on 01522 514755 or email email@example.com