The Commis Chef reports directly to the Head Chef and is an integral part of this small but vitally important team.
This role would provide a great opportunity to develop a career in the catering industry, playing a key role in the team with full support of the management.
The IBCC has a busy café operation and a full programme of events and corporate hospitality, ranging from finger buffets to full banquet style catering.
The centre is open 6 days a week – Tuesday to Sunday (except Bank Holidays and standard opening hours are 9.30 – 5.00. Occasional hospitality events would require shifts to cover out of hours working.
- Have strong all round skills within the kitchen, with the ability to work across all sections cooking to the correct recipes and specs for the menu.
- Support the Head Chef in the management of the kitchen to include the production of a diverse range of quality meals.
- Be responsible for the kitchen to cover the Head Chef in times of absence, including managing other kitchen staff in their daily duties.
- Assist the Head Chef in developing fully costed menus for both café, event and hospitality
- Support the Head Chef in setting standards, monitoring food quality and delivery
- Ensure that a high standard of hygiene and cleanliness is maintained and ongoing diligence during the shift, in set up and clean down
- Clean areas and equipment as directed, wash crockery, utensils and other kitchenware.
- Work safely around the kitchen equipment and report any maintenance issues to the Head Chef
- Be aware of your responsibilities in respect of Health and Safety at work and follow procedures in this respect and report to a manager any hazardous situations or accidents.
- Support the Chef in ensuring compliance with all relevant IBCC policies and regulations and safety/food safety legislation
- Attend training sessions and team meetings as required, be involved and contribute to these.
- Food Hygiene Certificate Level 2
- Previous work within the Catering and Hospitality environment
- Passion for working within the Catering and Hospitality Industry
- Self motivated and able to work alone without direction
- Committed to contributing towards the Centre’s aims.
To apply please email your CV by 21st August to Head Chef, Karen here