Do you want to expand your catering skills at a Gold Award winning venue? If so, this could be your perfect role.
The multi award-winning International Bomber Command Centre is looking for exceptional and enthusiastic people to join its growing hospitality and catering operation. The Centre plays hosts to a wide range of events, functions and runs the successful Hub Café for visitors.
This role will work across our catering operation and will provide variety, great opportunity to develop your experience and skills and be part of a fantastic team.
The IBCC are looking for a dedicated and enthusiastic Commis Chef to join their catering team. The Commis Chef reports directly to the Head Chef and is an integral part of this small but vitally important team. The IBCC has a busy café operation and a full programme of events and corporate hospitality, ranging from finger buffets to full banquet style catering. This role would provide a great opportunity to develop a career in the catering industry, playing a key role in the team with full support of the management.
The centre is open 6 days a week – Tuesday to Sunday (except Bank Holidays and standard opening hours are 9.30 – 5.00. Occasional hospitality events would require shifts to cover out of hours working.
- Have strong all round skills within the kitchen, with the ability to work across all sections cooking to the correct recipes and specs for the menu.
- Support the Head Chef in the management of the kitchen to include the production of a diverse range of quality meals.
- Be responsible for the kitchen to cover the Head Chef in times of absence, including managing other kitchen staff in their daily duties.
- Assist the Head Chef in developing fully costed menus for both café, event and hospitality
- Support the Head Chef in setting standards, monitoring food quality and delivery
- Ensure that a high standard of hygiene and cleanliness is maintained and ongoing diligence during the shift, in set up and clean down
- Clean areas and equipment as directed, wash crockery, utensils and other kitchenware.
- Work safely around the kitchen equipment and report any maintenance issues to the Head Chef
- Be aware of your responsibilities in respect of Health and Safety at work and follow procedures in this respect and report to a manager any hazardous situations or accidents.
- Support the Chef in ensuring compliance with all relevant IBCC policies and regulations and safety/food safety legislation
- Attend training sessions and team meetings as required, be involved and contribute to these.
- Food Hygiene Certificate Level 2
- Previous work within the Catering and Hospitality environment
- Passion for working within the Catering and Hospitality Industry
- Self motivated and able to work alone without direction
- Committed to contributing towards the Centre’s aims.
- Uniform provided
- Discounted/free food
- On-site parking
- Discount on shop items
- Discount on event tickets
To apply please email your CV to Head Chef, Karen here