We have a great opportunity for two talented, enthusiastic and experienced Cook/Chefs to be responsible for all aspects of managing the high level of delivery and expectations within the new IBCC kitchens with the assistance of an experienced and motivated team. You should be passionate about providing quality food and be able to deliver a creative and well costed menu range. The specialities at the centre will include home baked cakes and sweet treats, a daily hot dish and Bomber Breakfasts.
These positions start on Wednesday 3rd January.
All applications need to be submitted by 8th December 2017.
Interviews will take place week commencing 11th December.
Support the Catering Manager in leading, managing, developing and inspiring the food production to achieve food excellence.
Support the Catering Manager in managing, developing and implementing the IBCC Food Hygiene Policy, in accordance with legislative requirements.
|Key Responsibility 1|
|Support the Catering Manager in the management of the kitchen to include the production of a diverse range of quality meals. Help ensure efficient and cost effective production of excellent food for retail sale, dining, and events. Help provide consistently high standards of production/delivery and the development of menus to suit markets and occasions|
|Key Responsibility 2|
|Support the Catering Manager in setting standards (SOP’s), monitoring food quality and delivery, coaching and training and recognising good service.|
|Key Responsibility 3|
|Help maximise the potential of food production, ensuring best value purchasing (quality, delivery, price, specification) taking advantage of all consortia/partnerships in complying with legislation|
|Key Responsibility 4|
|Support the Catering Manager in monitoring, maintaining and taking action with all aspects of IBCC HR policy and procedure. Support the Catering Manager in ensuring staff recruitment is carried out in accordance with IBCCs. Help ensure staffing levels are cost effective and appropriate to the business need|
|Key Responsibility 5|
|Create menus to entice our visitors and take ownership of the cafe selection.|
|Key Responsibility 6|
|Support the Catering Manager in ensuring compliance with all relevant IBCC policies and regulations and safety/food safety legislation|
The ideal candidate will have:
- City & Guilds Qualification or NVQ equivalent, working in a relevant position
- Cook / Chef position held for at least 3 years
- Leadership/people management skills
- Ability to motivate, develop and encourage the commitment of others in order to secure high performance
- Organisation and planning skills
- Ability to communicate confidently at all levels
- Ability to work effectively as part of a team
- Knowledge of food/wine purchasing, production, delivery and service
- Advanced Food Hygiene, plus relevant Health and Safety qualifications.
- Maintain an up to date knowledge of relevant food hygiene and Health and Safety legislation.
- Maintain up to date skill & knowledge of current food trends.
SALARY C. £18,000 PA
If you feel your talents fit this challenging role please send your CV and covering letter to firstname.lastname@example.org clearly marking Cook in the subject line.